Sunday, December 11, 2011

Yuexiu Park





Our hotel is right across the street (ok so about 8 lanes of busy traffic) from Yuexiu Park. Last night about 5pm we decide to venture out there with the hopes of being able to find an area to toss the ole' football around. We had to go down into the subway system to go under the road but that wasn't too difficult. When we got into the park it was really pretty with lots of different paths. Robby wanted to go up the steps so that is what we did. At the top was a nice resting spot and we had a man take a family picture. The park is really beautiful.

We decided to take a different route down (possibly a mistake) but we were enjoying the park. It reminds me of walking through an outside botanical gardens. We did walk by a cat and Caleb was scared. I guess he doesn't like cats.


We were trying to find a way out of the park. I don't normally pay attention to landmarks when I am with Ted because he has such a good sense of direction. Finally we found a park exit and decided to leave but neither of us had a clue which way the hotel was. Through the trees I could see a symbol on a building and told Ted that was our hotel. He sounded skeptical but I showed him a picture of the hotel I had taken earlier and the symbol was in the picture. Somehow we had made it to the opposite side of the park. We walked toward the hotel and made it "home" safely.


After that we decided room service was in order. We ordered supper and Ted got the Marriott burger. It was a delightful taste of home. If we do room service again I know what I am getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment