Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ordinary happenings around Pleasant Hill

Greetings all!  Hope everyone had a good Christmas and I really hope everyone has a nice quiet new years weekend. As I get older, quiet gets more and more "gooder".

As for us as a unit, we're just fine and dandy here in Pleasant Hill.  Robby and Caleb become more "brotherly" everyday. I mean that in a way that Robby gets a little rougher with him, Caleb gets more sassy with him, they get louder and louder together and thus interfere with my aforementioned quietness.  But that is okay as I've said in several posts already, it's great to watch. Piles of fun for everybody.

This blogpost has taken about 1.5 hours so far and as you can well see, it's not anything special. It's just that I have two little critters attached to me and pulling on my arms to go look at stuff, football replays on the Wii, take the matchbox cars suitcase downstairs, bring it back upstairs, take the dog out, help change shirts and so on...

We had a few fun outings this week.  On Thursday, Lesley was meeting some friends for lunch downtown, so she brought the boys down along with Grandma E., my mom, and we went to Smokey D's for some b-b-q.  Caleb gobbled down some pulled pork, Robby had the sausage, mmmmm...  sausage...  and I got both boys a side of mac n' cheese.  Caleb looked at that stuff like it was poison and when I finally got him to try a bite, he got a disgusted look on his face and indicated through motions that it WILL be spit out just as soon as he can find a nice spot to deposit it. 

I then took them up to see my office space which is not exciting to me, but Robby just loves to see where daddy works. I get it as I always wanted to see where my dad worked but beings he was a factory worker, I never really got the chance (until years later when I had a job moving office furniature). I'm not sure Caleb understood what he was seeing so much, but there was Christmas candy up there so it didn't matter all that much.

Caleb was not all that happy when everyone but Ba Ba got back in the van to go home, but I got a heros welcome when I came through the door that evening!

A few photos for optical pleasure.

This is Mr. C. RongBo in his Rams pj's with a Rams jersey over the top, just for good measure.  That's a gob of silly putty in his hands.  He would hand the silly putty to me, wanting me to roll it into a ball for him. I would roll it into a ball and then, just before handing it back to him, squish it. It would drive him batty that I kept doing this, but yet he kept handing it back to me. I should probably feel a little worse about that "game" than I do, but it was fun!

Oh, and just so everyone knows, I did eventually hand him a perfect ball of silly putty.

Here's little Marvin McNutt, the performer.







One of the days this week, Momma & Grandma took the boys to the park at Clay Elementary to meet up with my sister Dianne and her boys, Sam & Jonah. They had some good fun as the pictures should hopefully indicate.

Here's proud big brother with his protege.









Here's little cousin Jonah and his stylin' lion hat.







Here's cousin Samuel showing off his stuff on whatever you would call these things.

Robby, not to be upstaged, is showing off his wares on the same apparatus.  Practicing for his professional role as Spider Man one day.









Here's Robby after finally making it to the the top (or very close, anyway) of this spider webby thingymabob. He's been intimidated by this thing for some time and makes it a little higher each time that we go there.  I think another visit or two will see him at the summit!









 
So there you have it.  Life is getting back to whatever normal is currently defined as.  I look forward to the 100-day stretch, as I call it, after New Years when we go back to work and there's no days off until Resurrection Sunday. 

Hopefully, that will establish a few more routines in Calebs life and he can develop and blossom as little people should!

God bless!

 







No comments:

Post a Comment