Monday, December 19, 2011

Caleb progress at home

After 3 days at home, I thought I would write a brief update on how the boy is doing.  He slept good on Friday night when we got home, but I think that was because everyone was so exhausted from the 29 hours of travelling that there was no other option.

In the nights since, he has woke up around 2am both nights. On Saturday night/Sunday morning, I woke up to Robby singing to him in an effort to get him settled down. Very cute. It was ineffective this particular time, but very cute non the less.

I went in to settle Caleb down figuring that Robby would go back to sleep...  It didn't quite work out like that.  Roughly 30 minutes later, there was all three of us boys together in the one bed and there wasn't one of us who was close to going back to sleep.  Eventually, momma came into the room and ask for a status. I replied, "three boys, all wide awake".

They never did go back to sleep until later during the day.

Last night, I woke up about 2:05, within one minute I heard Robby stirring and it wasn't probably 2-3 minutes after that, Caleb started sobbing. Robby started singing to him again but I wanted to get over there as fast as possible so Robby wasn't fully awake.

Robby went back to sleep within 3 minutes or so, but it took me a good 35 - 40 minutes with Caleb.

After that, I was wide awake so I just jumped into the shower and was into work before 4am.  I'm paying for it now.

The other thing about Caleb is that he is deathly afraid of our little dog Rosey. It's the same irrational fear that I have of snakes. I say that because I recognize the ridiculous of his actions.  He's making some progress on that as you'll see in the photos below.

He got to meet his aunts, Doris and Dianne, uncles Frank and Derek, and cousins Samuel, Jonah, & Zoey (whose name, it just occurred to me, I don't know how to spell).  He did good with meeting all of the people.






1 comment:

  1. It's Zoe.

    Love that Rosey is in the chair with Grandpa and Caleb, major progress....

    ReplyDelete