Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"I think it's going OK"

The boys in their swim caps.


Some serious fun.





I can't begin to count how many times I have said "I think it's going OK" in the last 2 days. Caleb is doing great. Tonight the 4 of us went swimming! It went really well. Caleb sat on a chair with me while Robby and Ted went into the pool. Ted kept trying to coax him in but he was really hesitant. I was fine sitting with him because Caleb hasn't sat on my lap all that much yet. We didn't want to push him at all and wanted to let getting in the pool be his decision. After 15-20 minutes I got up and dipped my toe into the pool. Caleb got a a few minutes later and Ted sat him on the edge of the pool with his feet dangling in the pool. They started splashing and Caleb was giggling. Supercute. Eventually he reached for Ted to hold him and he was in the pool. He let both of us bounce him in the pool and he really enjoyed himself. The only thing he didn't like was when the water hit his head once as Ted tried to float him on his back. They require swim caps here and we had quite an ordeal getting them. The boys are adorable in theirs (and yes Caleb is wearing his along with his winter coat). I'm sure Robby won't go swimming without his from now on.



In other news we had some blueberry cheesecake for supper with homegrown Changchun blueberries. They were sour but really good. Some of them were white and some were blue. It was really good. We also had a salad, pizza, veggies, and alien fingers (aka chicken fingers). Caleb eats really well and I am very thankful.


All is well and it is now bedtime. The boys are in bed and Pachabel is playing. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Life IS good. Love the laughing pic, we need a pic of the whole family now...

    Nighttime Hat. Swim Cap. Seems 'bout right....

    ReplyDelete