Monday, May 14, 2012

Puttin' The Boys To Work

'Tis the season...

It's time to get the gardens planted but we've been a bit busier than usual this year with the additional boy, hospital visits, a moving mama (Grandma Schmitz) and so on.  So the garden(s) have been mildly neglected.  We do have a garden of onions planted that are doing well and our potato hills look downright gorgeous, if I do say so myself!

I had tilled all of them in the fall and then once in March so the dirt is nice and loose and easy to till now. Robby wanted to help so I gave him a brief lecture on how to handle the thing  (I was behind him except for when the photo was taken) and all of the stuff you need to respect on a machine like this.

I think he kind of liked it but was a little apprehensive when I stepped away for the pic.



Caleb is getting a little antsy about giving it a try too.  Neither boy likes to be outdone by the other, at anything!

So Caleb "helped" me with the smaller gardens.  The auger is not engaged but he got a kick out of holding on to the handles and just feeling the machine vibrate.



Someday, Robby and Caleb will be able to do this all by themselves and dear ol' dad will be able to sit on the deck, cold one in hand, and supervise the proceedings...   ahhhh...  what a dream.

1 comment:

  1. LESLEY... your full feed is NOT showing....

    Ted, careful about that dream, it will be here faster than you can imagine!

    ReplyDelete