Sunday, May 6, 2012

Caleb's Surgery - May 6th, 2012 A morning update...

Good morning from the University of Iowa Hospital. Caleb woke up feeling pretty spry and sassy this morning.


Well, that may be a bit of a stretch but a little optimism can take people a long ways!


I slept thru the night so I don't have many details about what went on but Lesley said at 1am, he woke up and wanted mom in bed to snuggle with him.  She got in bed then for the rest of the night (we were all up by roughly 6am'ish).  She was up one other time as sneaky boy was pulling the tape off of his cheeks trying to free up the tongue stitch.  In doing that, he lost the little-red-light-pulse-measuring-thingy-ma-bob from his finger, which causes the machine to read similar to flatlining.


That happened to me the day of the surgery shortly after Momma left the room for the first time.  He "flatlined" and I jumped up in a toot to try and call the nurse when I realized that I have no idea what button is the call button.  After pressing several things, all of which probably did nothing but change settings on the tv, I decided that I know cpr and I'll fix him myself!  That's when I noticed that he was breathing and doing everything else just fine.  :-)


So I started investigating the lines from the machine only to discover that he had indeed knocked of the little-red-light-pulse-measuring-thingy-ma-bob off of finger.  I put it back on and within seconds, he was "back".


So anyways...  back to this morning.


Here is the boy this morning:


He has had a little over 4 oz. of apple juice so far and probably an oz or two of water.

He's smiling at my "dancing".

He giggled at me pulling his nose off and replacing it with one of his ears.  Especially when I told him the next time they came in to take his temperature, they'd have to stick the thing in the ear in the middle of his face.

That was pure comedy gold for him!

That's about all for now... other than hoping we go home today!

More updates as we get them.
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment