Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

I would imagine that Memorial Day means something a little bit different to each and everyone of us.

Hopefully for all of us in the U.S.A., it serves as a reminder of all the men and women who have served our country. Being away from friends and family for 2+ years is something I really can't get my head around since I've never served in our Armed Forces.

I can only imagine what it would be like to maybe miss the birth of child, miss their development during the formative years, missing them as start playing sports, special school activities or whatever else.

Maybe it's a spouse. Recently married or otherwise, we all know it's a HUGE commitment not only for the person serving in our military but for the spouse that remains home as well.

For me personally, it's a time that makes me dream of what it would be like to see my dad with Robby and now, Caleb.

Once again, I can only imagine the conversations that would occur between Grandpa Bob and young Robert James. Those are some head-shakers!

I can only imagine watching Caleb tease Grandpa Bob much like he teases everybody else and especially Grandpa Jim.

Dad has been gone now for a little over 14 years and I still miss him dearly and think of him daily.

It serves as a good reminder to spend time with the boys and try to enjoy even the frustrating times as you never know when the Good Lord will call your name. God bless you all and I hope that we have many more years of making memories. 


2012

2011

2010

2009


No comments:

Post a Comment