Saturday, May 5, 2012

Daddy's Gone Bored...

Daddy's Gone Wild! Bored...
What can I say?  You can only spend so much time in a hospital before you start to go stir crazy.  I have reached that point.  I try to go for walks occaisionally to stretch the legs and get away from the freakin' beeping machines just as well.

Today, I went on a quest to find some steps so I could exercise a little as the food I'm eating is not my normal Weight Watchers based fare.  I know that parking ramps always have easily accessible steps in them, so that's where I headed to.

While up there, I noticed that you could see the Kinnick Stadium scoreboard quite nicely and that might be a photo that our boy, Robby, might like to see. 

So I went back and got the camera and set out for another walk.  Not only did I get the scoreboard and stuff that I set out to photograph, I found construction sites.  I confess, I am a construction site junkee and that will likely never change.

Caleb has recently taken a shining to tractors of all types so I thought I would photograph a few around the hospital and show them to him when I get back to the room.

This is a construction site between the parking ramp where our van is and the building where little Caleb RongBo Schmitz is currently residing.  Two cranes.  A trench. Rebar.  That's good stuff!

Don't believe me?  Look at this rebar and tell me that you're not impressed!

Rebar AND a trench!!  I think the rebar in the previous photo is the same trench seen here and will be a basement hallway when this lovely construction project is all wrapped up.

This is not my favorite piece of equipment but I knew Caleb would like to see a picture of it, so here it is.

This ol' girl is a pretty impressive.  Smooth where she needs to be smooth, nice curves...  ahem...  moving along.

The work lights were sweet!  This is on the roof of the parking ramp.  They had either 4 or 5 of these bad boys clamped and bolted to the top rail of the ramp.  I tried to get some specs off it but I would have had to lean pretty far over the edge to do it.  I figured that I would either end up in the hospital (convenienent!) or jail (not convenient).


Obviously, the scoreboard that I spoke of earlier.  This is the back side of the photo I posted a couple of days back with Caleb standing outside the gate with the big gray wall of Kinnick up behind him.

Even more obviously Kinnick.  I'm not sure what was going on in there tonight, but there were piles of kids everywhere in florescent t-shirts and the press boxes that you can see were loaded with peeps as well.


This is the base of the tower crane outside of Caleb's hospital room window.  You never get to see the base of these bad boys because they don't want just any drunken yahoos to be able to walk up to them and start removing bolts as they see fit.  I believe they have 4 large footings poured and then bolt the base onto those.  If somebody gets to go home in one of the rooms next to us, I may go see if I can get a shot out of one of their windows.

Zoomed out shot of the same tower crane base.  That's a LOT of concrete sitting on the base of that thing!!! 

There she is in all of her regalness.  Gaze upon her. Admire her.

Calebs room is on the second floor (you can't see it due to the light reflection on the windows from the hallway I'm standing in) and is one of the rooms with the two little windows together where the building recesses back in sort of middle/left in the photo. 


That's about all for now.  Caleb enjoyed the pictures quite a bit and demanded I show the tractors to momma.  :-) 

It's 10:30, I'm exhausted and I should probably go to bed.  Caleb has been sleeping great for roughly an hour now.  He's beautiful, swollen little face and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment