Friday, March 29, 2013

Robbys First Communion

It seems like only last week when the boy was born... 

As of Maundy Thursday, the boy has taken his First Communion.  It was quite the sight when Pastor Nathan invited the kids and their families up front at the beginning of service to recognize them on this special day and to pray for them.  

Apparently, we have roughly 30+ kids who are/now were, receiving their First Communion this Spring. It was an impressive brood, I must say.

Grandma Elaine, Aunt Molly, & Aunt Doris and Uncle Frank were there along with Mom, Dad and little brother Caleb, who got to hold the basket to collect the wine cups for communion in our section, as an added bonus!  My mom, Grandma Elaine was right behind me and when she put her cup in the basket, there was a cheery little Chinese voice somewhere behind me that said joyfully, "Hi Grandma!".
 
Here he is, the beautiful lad as duded up as he gets and quickly outgrowing all of his pants!

Proud parents of a proud boy!
I have to say, I got a little teary-eyed watching him take Communion the first time.  I'm not sure if it was because of the act of Communion and what it represents, or if it's the fact that the next time we blink he'll be driving, or if it was just being proud of the boy in that moment...  possibly all of the above. 

Plus, the band was playing the song Forgiven, which is one of my favorites currently.  A good, heavy moment!

Happy Easter weekend to all!!  
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment