Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pure GOLD Part Duex (follow-up/update)

I had recently posted a couple of shots of Caleb's kindergarten shirt.  I thought the shirt, both the idea and the execution of it were really cool.  

Lesley asked me if I remembered Robby's shirt of the same style.  I did not.  

So when getting dressed for school this morning, Robby's kindergarten shirt comes out of the closet and he wears it to school.  You see, it was fairly big when he first got it, much like Caleb's is pretty big on him right now.  Anyway, it fit him like a dream. 

So we were looking at the shirts...


This is Caleb's that was recently posted...


Caleb's drawing, which by the way, I asked him if he did it himself and he said, "No. Riordan.", meaning that Mrs. Riordan helped him write it.  I have to say, after looking at it closer, the 'e' and the 'b' had me a bit suspicious of that.


And here is Robby's self portrait from his shirt.  I suspect that his teacher Mrs. Dale, did not help him write his name...


And here's the bigger shot of the back of the shirt.   We found it a bit interesting that the boys are in the same spot on their respective shirts. Also of note is the fact that they drew their hands in a similar fashion.  What can I say?  We're simpletons.


On top of that, Robby had another beaut of a quote on Sunday morning after church services.  We were bringing cousins Sam and Jonah to our house so there were four kids in the back seat.  That alone was cause for some good laughing.  

However, Caleb was sitting on Robby's lap and nearly bonked heads together at one point.  Robby gave Caleb a good chewing out since his head is hard.  Very hard. 

Robby said something along the lines of "his hard little Chinese head", to which Sam inquired, "Why is his head hard?".  

Robby replies, "The Chinese need to have hard heads because they have to fight off dragons!".

Cracked Mom and Dad up, but Sam and Jonah were duly impressed although they may have the wrong impression about the general population of China...

1 comment:

  1. OMG--I almost sprayed my tea all over the computer monitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete