Thursday, April 17, 2014

A-Pie, Apple-Bo and Baseball

ARE YOU READY TO RUUUUUUUMMMMMBBBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE?????????

Okay, I was more thinking about kicking off the local kids' baseball season than boxing or wrestling, "professional style", that is.

But as it were, it was a cold night, windy as the backside of 1000 head of cattle, and quite frankly, cold.

It was about 65 degrees at the start of game time but I wore my winter coat, hat and gloves just as well because there was a constant wind of rougly 30mph with gusts up to 45mph during the game. Not fun.  I would hanker a guess that the the temp was roughly 50 - 55 by the end of the game and most parents were quite keen on gathering their offspring and getting the lake of burning sulfur out of there!


The China boy at bat. He eventually got a hit and I'm not sure if his coach was more excited about it than we were, but needless to say at this point, we were both quite happy with his performance.


The Chinaman waiting for some action in the "narrow" outfield.


I had him warming up as he was the next batter up.  Problem is, he swings like his daddy, a bit stiff and slowing down in the follow thru.  I told Momma about it so she could work with him. I'm out of my game here...


Chinaman swinging at the perfect pitch!


And who was watching in the "wings"?  It's big brother Robby!

No comments:

Post a Comment