Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A slight change of pace

This has nothing to do with the Schmitz Mobile Chaos Unit as a whole, but rather a few links for the concert that Daddy played in for Bob Castelline's cd release party back on August 5th.  

His cd, called Never Too Late and can be purchased from CDBaby, I think on ReverbNation (but I'm not 100% positive) and thru Amazon (individual downloads or the full cd).

We had an lot of fun so I thought I would share some things that Bob has posted to youtube.  The concert was held at Lutheran Church of the Cross in Altoona (where most of the musicians on stage attend/are members).  

This first one is cover tune, called Praise Adonai written by Paul Baloche.  Yours truly plays a blistering solo at the end, that you can almost hear... most of...

This one is one of the songs on Bob's cd (Never Too Late). The song is called Incense.

Another one from Bob's cd. This one is called, Song Of My Heart

This is an old traditional hymn, that I'm guessing nearly everybody will recognize at some point.  This version is done in the style of U2's I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.  I do not play on this song but was lucky enough to go out into the crowd for it and simply enjoy.  I think they did an awesome job!

This song, Celebrate The King, is how we opened the show (another song on Bob's disc). 

Here To Praise You, another song that Bob wrote that's on his cd.

Miracle, one of my favorite Bob tunes, perhaps because the guitar riff is really, really, REALLY fun to play.  This video also has a relatively close shot of nice sunburst Telecaster!  :-)  Bob peels off the lead on this bad boy and I get the impression he was enjoying himself, both at practices and here!

This song, written by Krissy Nordhoff/Michael Neale, is Your Great Name

I don't play on Bob's cd, but he is quite a fine guitarist, keyboardist, and singer... not too mention being a danged fine songwriter as well as a good friend of mine.  

Here's hoping that you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment