Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Silliness...

Guess who got the boys ready for school on MLK day?  (hint: it wasn't mom)

Robby wanted to wear his hair in a ponytail since it is (mostly) long enough now.  I didn't care, and quite frankly, niether did Mom.  So Dear Ol' Dad got him all ponied up and ready and to my surprise, I found myself missing the days of my own ponytail. So I wanted to take a picture of it.  Caleb, being one who will never miss a photo op, asked to take a silly picture and a good picture.   We never got around to a good picture of both of them, but the silly picture is delightful!

Robby's ponytail.  He liked it and thought it was pretty cool.

And for other good silliness, last night was Robby's first swim meet of the season.  He did good.  That's beside the point and not my other "good silliness".

While waiting for his third race, he was in his lane on the side of the pool next to his buddy, Brody.  He looked up at us and tried to motion something with his hands.  I motioned some non-sense back to which Robby motioned even more.

I did my best Eddie Murphy sign language impression from The Golden Child and finished it up with the motion of an "armpit fart".  Robby got a good chuckle out of that from 30 yards away and soon he and Brody were doing armpit (and knee-pit!!) farts on the side of the pool.  I was about dying laughing.

Mom?  Not so much.  You see, she was never a young boy!

Silliness, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment