Saturday, February 29, 2020

Schmitz 2018 Vaca, Post 16 - Stowe Mountian Resort

Our next adventure was to head up to the Stowe Mountain Ski resort.  Oh sure, it's August in the New England area and there's no snow to be had, but they still operate the gondolas to take silly tourists up high so we can look down upon creation.

It was fun and I could have stayed up there for weeks!  I'm not sure I mentioned it, but I really, really, really, REALLY like Vermont!

Let's see some pictures...

Rob was surprisingly weary of this ride up.  I wouldn't use the word scared, but I think weary fits.  I told him to relax, that we weren't that far up off of the ground, but the rolling back down the hill would probably hurt some.  He wasn't amused...


Da' boys! 

How stinkin' beautiful!

At the top.  The lodge on the very left of the photo has a restaurant, first aid/medical station, bathrooms and some other things that I no longer recall.  Over on the very left of the picture is Mama and Caleb going up to the zipline platform.

I didn't realize it at the time, but when I blew this pic up,  I think the lady on the left of the photo is hamming it up for me when she noticed I was taking the pic.  Well done, young lady.  It made me giggle!

That is Stowe Vermont at the bottom of the valley.  Our campsite is down in this picture somewhere...

That's one of the gondolas like we rode up in.

Obviously, we're not at the top yet.

There's the zip lines!  We got to see a couple of dudes launch, which was pretty cool!  They really haul "donkey" going down these baby's!


That's the lodge with the restaurant upstairs, and the other stuff downstairs.  There's a gift shop in there too, of course... 

The top of the gondola.


They really don't want you doing any hiking up here!  This sign warns of no safety nets in place to help you out, steep drop-offs, wild animals and other nefarious stuffs to help eliminate your being are listed on the sign.

So, let's go hiking!

Robby in a far more comfortable space than a gondola...  lol!




Back in the parking lot looking up the hill from where we just returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment