Thursday, September 11, 2014

Vacation 2014 Post 8 - Crazy Horse

It was interesting to see this some 22 years after my bride and I first laid eyes upon it.  

To my memory, there wasn't all that much that had changed.  After going thru the gift shops and museums around the joint, we came to a series of photos documenting the progress of this monument.

The nearest photos were from 1991 and 1993, while we were there in 1992 on our honeymoon.  I thought I had snapped a photo of the changes, but alas, I did not.

The monument as it stands today.

A model of how the monument will look whenever they get it finished.  It is slow going as the family doing it will not accept government money for the project.

A couple of cute little varmints in front of a large tipi, painted by the late Lakota artist Paha Ska, is a central attraction in the INDIAN MUSEUM OF NORTH AMERICA®.  I didn't come up with that...  I had to look it up off of the fancy hi-tech world wide interwebs.

Aunt Molly and Robby off the beaten path checking out a "marker" of some kind.

My fine family!

Two wonderful creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment