Monday, July 21, 2014

Vacation 2014 Post 1 - The Minnesota Zoo

I figured that I had better start posting some of our vacation pics from this year or school will be starting along with Fall sports and I'll be that much further behind. 

And since its been more than 6 hours since vacation has ended (more like 3 weeks!!), I can't recall the order in which things happened, not that it's important.

I do know that our vacation started with 4 days in Minneapolis, MN.  As I type this, I'm still waiting for the response to my appeal of a $128 fine for going down a perfectly good road where they no longer want you to drive.  Jokes on them though!  It was my third time down that road, so when you divide that up, it's really like a $43 toll road...   I guess the jokes still on me.

Regardless of that silliness, we're starting the vacation posts off with the trip to the Minnesota Zoo. Mom stayed at the UoM hospital with G'ma and G'pa while Aunt Molly, Dear ol' Dad and the boys went to the zoo.

I won't bore you with pics of the animals, but rather a few of a couple of fantastic boys! 

The varmints, prior to it really getting hot out. 


At this point, it was not warm either... it was HOT!  We got some waters and found a seat in the shade.  Something cool to note about this zoo and this picture is the big monorail behind Caleb.  It goes thru pretty much all of the major exhibits and sometimes, like in this shot, you're a good distance in the air.  It just happened to be closed during our visit, but looks like something to explore, should we ever make it back.


This was in the Big Bugs section.  Pretty cool area that we nearly missed.  These are, quite obviously, the ants.


...and, the spider.  Yeeuuucccckkkkk.


The coolest, and most life-like, was the tarantula.  This thing was just creepy. And BIG.


This is the shark "petting" tank. Robby stepped right up and participated.


Caleb did too...  only after big brother went first followed by several other kids, non of whom were eaten.


As our day came to an end and we were left to face the twin cities traffic yet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment