Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sweet Dreams, M'Love

If my feeble memory serves me correctly, and it rarely does, Robby has never stayed overnight at the house of anybody who is not part of our family. 

That changed on Friday night as his buddy Noah had recently turned 8 years old and was throwing a birthday bash to commemorate the momentous occasion.  

Rob was nervous as the time neared.  He was nervous about a good number of things, not the least of which was if Noah's family made sure that all of the doors were locked before crawling into bed, as he makes sure of here at home.  

I assured him that most likely, everything will work out as it should and it will be fine, but as we were about two blocks away from Noah's house, Robby said, "Uh-oh Dad, the butterflies have left my stomach and are flying up my throat!".  :-)

Again, I assured him that I too was nervous before birthday parties growing up and how within 30 seconds of getting there, the nervousness would leave you and be supplanted by twice as much fun!

So how did it go?

Perfect according to Robby.  I believe him since I think he has repeated not just stories of stuff that happened, but entire conversations with notations of who said what, when, and what they were doing when they said it!

I'm not kidding.

They went to an Iowa Cubs baseball game and stayed for the fireworks afterwards.  Noah's Dad told Momma that he has never heard so much talking as Robby, Noah and Vincent together.  I believe him...

Robby looked tired when he got home at 10am Saturday morning but he was way too wound up to possibly fall asleep.

But then, that wore off too...

This is Robby in our front hallway.  I'm standing by our front door, and the door behind Robby is the door to our garage.  Mom had told him to unpack his bag and get stuff put away. This was as far as he got.  You can see his pillow under his face, and his Diego sleeping bag sort of behind and under him, that were all crammed into his backpack.


No comments:

Post a Comment