Saturday, April 27, 2013

Something You Don't See Everyday

I need to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather that we are experiencing currently. The boys are out on the swingset currently and I could stand to do some mowing since I'm finally starting to feel a little better. 

So the other day, I'm getting groceries out of the truck and I hear a commotion behind me.  It's the sound of flapping wings, lots of them, and it was fairly loud as well!  I turned and looked, and was surprised to see two geese, and a host of smaller birds seemingly attacking them.  The geese landed on the roof of the neighbors house.  

That started me to thinking.  I've been on walking paths and soccer fields and where ever else where there are piles of geese around.  Their poop is big and there is a LOT of it.  What I got curious about was how many geese would it take on the roof of a house to plug up the down spouts?

Yes, I am aware that it's an odd thought, but welcome to my head!


Moving along from the geese plumbing angle, on Thursday night when we got the mail, we got our monthly Pleasant Hill Living magazine/paper.  Nothing too exciting, but it's always an interesting quick thumb-thru.  Well, I was down in the basement playing my guitar when I heard excited little Chinese feet coming down the steps.  Caleb was clutching a magazine and barking wildly! 

Here's why:
That's one of the teachers that he works with on a regular basis, Mrs. Juhler.  She is the one who told us the story of sweet little China-boy coming over and patting her on the shoulder when she would seem to be getting frustrated with him.  He would pat her on the shoulder and tell her that, "It's okay.".  She is awesome, does an awesome job and loves our boy.  For that, she is one of our hero's!


Close up of what little China boy had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment