Monday, November 19, 2012

Why we laugh...

Just a short little post to relay a funny story while Robby, Caleb and Daddy were in the car waiting for mom to come out.

A little back story first. 

Robby has a girl at school who threatens to kiss him.  It's an ongoing saga that humors us quite often.  So we get in the car, and the following brief conversation ensues:

Robby: M---  just about kissed me today dad.  She pulled me close to where our noses were just about touching. She says I'm cute and dreamy.

Dad: You are cute and dreamy.

Robby: Well...  I'll give you cute, but I'm not dreamy!

Dad: Oh, you're not?  Do you think that M--- dreams about you?

Robby: Yeah, she does.

Dad: Well then, you're dreamy.

Robby: (hesitation) ...Ooooooooh man!


And that was the end of that conversation.  Priceless.

Momma just told me this story from this morning. She's combing his hair, which is getting quite long, and doing a little feathering by the ears.

Robby: Don't do that. I don't want to be handsome.

Mom: Are you trying to keep the girls away?

Robby: Oh, I have enough girl issues...



You simply can't make this stuff up!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I so needed the laugh this morning. Emailing this to Uncle Frank...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, this made me think of a little blond Teddy, who looked much like the present-day Robby, having to fend off advances from Connie P. on a regular basis...

    ReplyDelete