Monday, November 5, 2012

The first big rock n' roll show!

This past Sunday at the 11am service at our church, Lutheran Church of the Cross in Altoona Iowa, we had our Sunday school kids singing a song. I'm not sure how many kids were there but there was a whole pile of them!

I wish I had a video of the performance, but I do not.  I only have a few pictures and some of those did not turn out very good either.

Robby has sang in front of church a couple of times previous to this as well as went thru a pre-school graduation, and had a speaking part in his first grade school concert (and sung with the class) so we would consider him an old pro at this by now. So it is without further hesitation that I present Master Calebbers first ever public performance.

Robby (and I think Hannah) are giving Caleb a little pep talk as we're waiting for the kids to be called up front.  Caleb didn't think that this seemed like a good idea... at all!

Can you spot the little China boy in the front row there?  He did pretty good.  Where's Robby you ask?  He was pretty well hidden from my camera from this angle the whole song. I could point to the two boys that he's hiding between, but that wouldn't serve much purpose.  Just know that he's in there somewhere... 

So what did Master Calebber think of all of this?  When I went up to get him and help lead the Sunday school back out of the sanctuary, I grabbed his hand, waited for Robby and then, when we were started towards the back, Caleb stopped me with a big ol' smile on his face, pointed back to the alter where the kids were stationed, and said, "Tomorlo", which is his way of saying, tomorrow.  Meaning, he wants to do something again, later, and so on.  Very cute.

He had the exact same reaction when we were watching an infant baptism and I was explaining that we were going to do the same thing with him when he was able to understand what was going on with the situation and what we as parents were doing for/to him.  In that instance, he wanted to be sure that it was NOT happening on that very day!

Good stuff... all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment