Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Great Pumpkin

Tis the season... well, for a pumpkin patch, anyway...

We went to Geisler Farms to the Northwest of Bondurant this year. Not for any specific reason other than it's close and we don't have much time with football and soccer games on top of swimming practice, so an hour plus drive to Uncle Bills & Carols by Grinnell or Howell's down in Cumming, IA. wasn't quite as appealing even though both of those are good fun.


Starting the corn maize... get it? Maze/maize?  Oh baby, I'm on tonight!  I like maps, a LOT, and this was a good way to polish some map reading skills and to teach the boys about it as well.  Good times and more fun than I was expecting!


My one and only hop on the inflatable horse.  If it looks like I have a pained look on my face it is because I am in pain.  This was not a good decision by dear ol' dad!


The boys on the other hand had a good time with the horseys,


Caleb on his racing trike.


And Robby on his.  Robby is at an awkward/unfortunate age/size where things are either too big or too small for him, but hardly ever, "just right".  This weekend was no exception.


The boys racing around on the pedal cars.  Again, hard to dial in the right size for the boy.  Caleb had a little better luck, but it was still quite the unwieldy machine for the lad.


Mama resting after getting SMOKED on a lap by Dad!!  I roasted everybody and for my efforts was exhausted and had a really sore back this morning when I attempted to get out of the van at worship.  Ouch, and dumb...


Robby cruising.


Caleb negotiating a sharp turn!


The critters chasing each other, and stirring up dust, in the corn pit.


Robby getting buried by mama and Caleb.


Big brother pulling little brother out to the pumpkins to make some very careful selections.


Caleb at the measuring post.


Robby at the measuring post.


Both of them acting goofy. That look on Calebber's face is G.O.L.D!!


Caleb had a blast in the pumpkins and I think he wanted to bring all of them home with us!


Robby has made his selection... Daddy is trying to figure out how to wrestle this monstrosity into the wagon to get it to the check-out and ultimately into the van.


Varmints in the pumpkin patch!


This was on the way to the check-out and shortly before Caleb mowed Robby down by pushing too fast.  Good times, indeed!


What can ya' say?


We had a good time and Caleb has asked me twice today if we can go back, so I will count that as a success with the boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment