Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween and all that...

Halloween has come and gone for another year.  It's 2012 and the Schmitz Mobile Chaos Unit did not even realize that they had not carved their pumpkins until the "official beggars night" when we were standing at my sister and brother in laws house, with kids coming to the door for candy, and one of them pointing out the jack-o-lanterns...  Jeez...

What can I say, but throw another couple of logs on the fire and everything will be what it will be...  which is to say, chaos piled on top of chaos.

Anyway, beggars night arrives.  Robby has swimming practice from 5:30 - 6:30 so Mom and Aunt Molly are off to see him thru that, although he'll only stay until 6pm on this fine evening, so they can leave early and meet Daddy Chaos and Calebber the Cow in Bondurant.

Daddy Chaos and Calebber the Cow were due at Grandma Schmitz's place at 5:45 to visit their community room where they had bags of candy (big bags, too!) prepared for the kiddos.  So we did that and then headed off to the metropolis known as Bondurant.

Momma Chaos and Robby arrived shortly after, and the nights activities ensued.


Calebber the Cow at home ready to fill his pumpkin...  oh sure, he had no clue as to why he was carrying the pumpkin or why people would put candy in it, but he was ready to go.

This is at Grandma Schmitz's Community room. Luigi (Sam), Mario (Jonah), Calebber the Cow are the boys down in front while Grandma is holding the lovely Zoe!  That's Daddy Chaos in the middle and my sister to my right.

All the varmints with their heads nearly exploding with anticipation!

A couple of spider...  men?  Uh, spider peoples.

The critters at their final stop of the evening, our neighbors house.



Unfortunately, Dad was not feeling well and went home for the evening early. The long nights sleep (I got 8 full hours!!!) served me well and I felt somewhat better on Wednesday.  Hopefully, I'll get another good night's sleep tonight and feel even better tomorrow.

How did Caleb do on his first Halloween?  I'm not sure...  What I am sure about is that I heard, "Why?", or "Why, daddy?" about 923 times.  That much I know!

2 comments:

  1. We were celebrating Caleb's first Halloween in spirit with him! We had a conversation abut what he must have thought at one more crazy event that happens in his new country... And, the jack-o-lanterns! I know--we never even BOUGHT one?!?! And your's didn't get carved because Sunt Doris never paid a visit in October.

    We'll do better next year...

    ReplyDelete