Sunday, July 4, 2021

Vaca 2020 - Final Day - Mammoth Caves

Mammoth Caves is one of our favorites as it holds a great memory for Mama and I.  I don't remember what cave we were in this time, but it was the only one that was open during the 'Rona.  The first time we visited was before we had critters and we did the 4-hour guided tour with lunch in the "snowball room".  Aptly named as it appeared to have snowballs all over the ceiling of this wide open area that had a fully staffed cafe in it.  I remember eating a very good bowl of soup in the snowball room and thinking how odd it was that the soup was warming me up.  Such is time in a cave.

Again, I don't have a ton of stuff to say here as I don't recall many details since it happened 11 months ago.



I loved seeing the old abandoned tools that were left behind over the years.






Not really handicap accessible, is it!?



I have no idea what happened with this picture but it's cool looking!  I think there were people with "Miner hats" on with the lights on the helmet, moving in front of us and I may have moved the camera a bit too soon...  who knows?

This was sort of creepy.  It's at the furthest point you can get to in the cave.

I wish I could remember what these were for, for sure.  I want to say that they brought diseased peeps down here to isolate them, but I maybe dreamed that up too.  It's creepy whatever the reason was.



Rob was not going to allow his face to be photographed.  He had spent the last two weeks of his life wishing he was back home.


Uh?  Keep the ATV's out maybe?


Back to the top, and back to the heat to hit the road for the long drive back home!  Well,  we didn't drive all the way home... we stopped in Evansville, IN. and had probably the best pizza of our lives at Turoni's Pizza and Brewery!!!

The pizza was so good you never wanted it to end!


 

That concludes all of the 2020 vacation posts for the Schmitz Mobile Chaos Unit.  On to the current year, of which, I hope to have done in a much more timely fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment