Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Vaca 2020 - Day ?? - Gatlinburg

Another Ripley's Believe It Or Not.  We did not entertain this one as we did in Orlando, but judging from the outside of the building, it was a bit tempting.  Only if we didn't have a fantastic cabin to get back too!

In line for the ski-lift'ish thingymabob...

Liftoff after WAY a too crowded cattle lead to get to the ride.  People on top of each other with about 60 percent in masks.  I'm not a huge fan of the mask wearing stuff, but if you're going jam people together into lines like this, something should likely be done...   Anyway, Robby and I are in the first swing, with Mom and Calebber behind us.

Speaking of mom and Calebber...

One of my fav parts of this ride is the part when it goes down as you cross the stream.  It's a beautiful view, if only for 30 seconds or so. At least you get to see it twice.

I love the mechanics of these types of things.

This was new since the last time my bride and I were up here!  This was pretty cool and provided many relaxing sounds as you lounge around looking at the peaks and valley's.

This suspension bridge was also new!  It's big'un!!!!  Robby and myself went about 1/4 of the way across it and betwixt its swinging and the people jammed on to it (can't really tell from the pic) I decided to turn around.  Robby followed.

A little better shot from the next level up showing both the length of this thing and the amount of peeps on it.

As we're on it.  I can't tell for sure if that Rob in front of Caleb or somebody else...  I think Rob and I are still involved at this point.  I think once we got closer to the middle where people congregate (you'll see why in the next pic), is where we turned around.

And in the middle is the see-thru floor!  I like the ones in China that appear to crack as you step on them!


So what did Rob and I do?  We went back and found some lovely lounging chairs overlooking what I love about this place!




Time to go down.  Still great views!

I've said it other times on this blog, there's 3 things that can make nature look better and here's one, the other's being Mama and Rob.  I tend to be a blemish...

Mama and Rob riding behind us.  Rob is giving us a thumbs down, of course...  what a horrible experience.

So we have driven past a beer store a few times now.  You can tell that sun is getting a bit lower in the sky and our goal was to be back to the cabin before sundown every night due to the treachorous roads.  However, tonight was the best night to hit up the Beer Wine & Liquor Super Store on our way back to the cabin.  Rob walked over to the Shell gas station for nature'ous reasons as he couldn't wait.  Caleb stayed in the van.  While we were making our way to the checkout, we hear the cashier say, "There's a f'ing bear at the back door!".  We checked out and left the parking lot.  The road to our cabin was just around the corner from the spirit's store and what did we find?  The bear who was just going about his bidness.

 

So pretty cool overall but a VERY big difference between the 2021 Gatlinburg experience and the bride and my first experience however many years ago when there were a lot less people and, accordingly, traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment