Saturday, August 22, 2020

Football Season Returns for 2020

 I left a bit early to pick up Caleb from football practice today, partly because I wanted to go walk around the field while watching practice as I haven't seen much yet, and then because Caleb thinks I was late to pick him up from the last practice because, as I saw him walking from the field to the fence by the parking lot, he had to wait approximately 7 seconds as I looped the parking lot to get back to where he was NOW standing.  Ridiculous.

No matter tho...  as I was walking up to practice looking for the bright orange socks that he wears so I can easily find him, I spied an orange sock...  but only one.  And it seemed that a coach was on a knee looking at the knee of the lad, which as I got closer, I could tell had blood running down the shin.

Fun stuff to walk "in on".  But I could read the body language of the coach asking him if he was ok and seeing the positive head shake of Caleb that he would continue.

I did either 6 or 7 trek's around the field on the cement sidewalks they have while watching practice and occasionally stopping to observe and take pics.

The last thing they did at practice was work on special teams, especially kick-offs, since that's new for 7th grade.  I can see Caleb's one orange sock in the pick as he's on D, the ball in the air at almost the exact middle of the press box roof.

Here he is lined up (#27) on offense as the receiver of a screen pass.  They screwed this play up in EPIC fashion the first time they ran it.  Everyone got chewed out a bit and they lined it up again.  I think this is one that we can work on out in the yard with me and Rob helping.

You can't see his # but he's just to the right of dead center in the pic on D.

The lad as we're about to board the spaceship for the ride home.  His arm is bandaged from the previous practice and his leg is garffed up from this practice, hence what I noticed when I was first walking up.


Welcome to football.

No comments:

Post a Comment