Monday, December 16, 2019

Night of Worship at Teen Challenge

Of all the places I've played guitar in bands whether with a church or otherwise, Teen Challenge of the Midlands is my absolute favorite!!!

I've only played there once before, best guess, back in 2012 but it was and is, hands down, my favorite gig and worship experience ever!  Or maybe even EVAH!!!!

It was truly one of those moments when the stars aligned,  the Holy Spirit could be FELT in the room, and the guys went crazy worshipping with crying, praising, singing, shouting, collapsing, dancing and all kinds of other "ing's"!!

Amazing night that I will never forget!

Fast forward 6 or 7 years and another invite came to play.  I didn't want to as we're busy and schedules are nuts...  however, memories of that first experience kept tempting me, reminding me.  My friend Bob, who was heading this up, kept asking and checking in with me. 

I finally told him to send me the songs and I would make a final decision so they could get somebody in my stead if I did indeed back out.

I started listening to the songs and nearly every single one of them made me cry.  About halfway thru the songs, I texted Bob back and said,  "I have to do this!".

And so, it was!



This was from our practice.  I had not seen the other guitar player for about 1.5 years as he is going to Hillsong University in Australia.  He's back for Christmas so that's part of the reason why this gig was happening.   This is his pedal board...  YIKES!!!   I cannot imagine having to tame this beast!

Setting up...  so much to do and I got to the party late!



Wait a minute...  who is that drummer!?!?

Oh, I know this kid!!  He was a great roadie for the show, especially during the load-out.

Again with the pedal boards!  That's the bass player on the left,  me in the middle and the lead guitarists (from the earlier shot) on the right.  Amazing how much/many effects are at toes!!!

I was hoping to upload a few of the videos that I had Caleb record but they're too large for the site...

No matter, it was another amazing event and so glad that I agreed to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment