Thursday, September 19, 2019

Walk, Walk, Til You Drop!

After dropping the younger lad off at football practice, I decided to take a walk. Well technically, I decided long before hand that I was going to walk once he was up there with his teammates and that's what I did.

Robby had practice in the same park, and oddly enough, in the exact same location in the park, some 3 or 4 years ago. 

I would walk around either the neighborhood or the walking/bike trails during parts of his practice and was expecting to do the same tonight, but was in for a pleasant surprise!

I went around the corner of where you would usually start heading West on a former railroad track turned trail.  I started, and just around the first curve, there was new concrete crossing the still usable railroad tracks.

I tried the path to see where it would lead me as I love, LOVE, LOVE to drive new roads and see new small towns and farms along the way.  One of my favorite things ever!

This path was great for that and I ended up somewhat suprised with my ultimate destination and lack of fellow trail folks.


A lone thunderhead as the early afternoon storms were dying out as they faded East.

One of my favorite viaducts for the existing rails which supports updated local graffitti from locals.  It reminds me of when my high school buddy Jim Kidd was killed by a train and the rock on W. 4th and Ridgeway in Waterloo that was often decorated with recent current events. Often deaths.  There was occasionally some "naughty" stuff on it but most of it was pretty cool.
Here's the rock I speak of.  Notice that the local "officials" have it blasted clean...  *sigh*







The Dome-y-type thing is a recent addition to Altoona.  It's a part of Central Plains Concrete and quite the eye catcher for multiple directions!  It's HUGE!











Finally back to where I started with a bit of time left to watch some football practice!  Very nice walk in some STOOPID humid conditions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment