Monday, August 12, 2019

The 2019 Iowa State Fair

I wasn't planning on going to the Iowa State Fair this year... frankly, I never plan on going to the fair as there's too many people and not enough interesting stuffs to see... in my humble opinion.

This year though, we planned on taking Grandpa with us with the understanding that when he had had enough, I would take him home while Momma and the boys would finish their fair experience and ride the shuttle home.  I would pick them up from the shuttle drop-off which is not quite a mile from our homestead.

So this morning, we're about ready to head out the door when Grandpa decides that he probably shouldn't go.

I stopped getting ready as I would just finish my day of work from home and move on with life. 

But Caleb asked, "Is Daddy still going?".

I had a realization that these boys are going to be done with K-12 in a blink of an eye and out of our house, which will be a sadness that I cannot yet imagine.

I decided to go to the fair and I did NOT regret it!  Oh sure, I was irratated with the slow moving people and a whole host of other stuff, but a great day was had overall!


I had to laugh at the banners...  One with the farmer holding the baby pig and the next showing a wonderfully cooked pork roast all sliced up and ready for consumption!  My apologies to the family that I captured in my pic...

Piglets are freakin' cute!!!

That's a lot of people...  and this is just one building!

We exited that building and happened upon the start of a parade!  Caleb heard drums and was immediately intrigued!

The HUGE flag.


VR about vehicle safety.

The skylift which always makes me wonder if they conduct safety/weight checks every year...  Yikes.

The big boar...  lazy boarstard!!!

The biggest bull.  We got to watch him poop.

Caleb's in this pic, but it's his buddy Max who is throwing the axe.

There's Caleb tossing the iron!

Again...

The Des Moines skyline from the Craft Beer and Wine tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment