Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Schmitz 2018 Vaca, Post 14 - Acadia Ntl. Park, Part 5

The boys (mostly Rob, but some Caleb) were wanting to go swimming.  Not a problem, but also not gonna lie,  I'm not a big fan of swimming in the ocean.  I like to think that I'm a pretty "situationally  aware" person, overall,  and when the regular, non-violent ocean waves toss me about like my big fat butt is nothing,  I tend to think about how easily I could perish.

After a near drowning event when I was about 5 years old,  the thought of death by drowning is something that terrifies me.   The concept that an element that EVERYBODY on the planet needs, but so many lack a clean source of, could kill me easily is not lost on me.

To be honest,  the thought of my kids swimming in the ocean is not something I care much for, but I know that they'll be alright probably 99.9% of the time and there's truly nothing to worry about.

Back to the post and the pictures below...



Robby, fearless of water, which causes me heart palpatations, out in the water past where an old man would say "the bottom drops off and you can dang well see it!".  



I wasn't swimming and there was no place to sit for a fella with back issues, so what did I do?  I went hiking on the opposite side of the road.

It was pretty amazing and wished that all four of us were here but some peeps like/love swimming so it was kinda cool to head out on my own.

That's part of the trail.  Can you spot the people up on the mountain?  I can see at least 5.


Different angle of peeps up on the mountain. Surely, you can see the guy in the orange shirt.





So much cool terrain to traverse.

Back at the swimming hole!

More peeps now...  less deserable.






No comments:

Post a Comment