Saturday, July 27, 2019

Drinkin' & Drivin'

This morning was a driving lesson with the reward being a trip to a new (to us) coffee shop in downtown Des Moines.

The coffee shop is Horizon Line and I figured that they could use a little business on Saturday morning as they probably wouldn't be too busy.

I.  Was.  Wrong.

It's obviously a VERY trendy place and I was probably two times older than the next oldest person in the place.  Seriously.

The coffee?  It was good but I'm not sure it was good enough (for the price) for me to endure the hipsters and oddball looks that I got.  


I ordered the flight.  The little cup was espresso, the white cup was a pour-over brew, and the clear glass was the iced version and all were from the same style bean.  The little espresso cup was a bit like a shot of whiskey.  The white cup was a good cup of coffee, but not above and beyond anything else I've had and the iced coffee was very light in flavor, but SOOOOOOOO good!

The larger American boy had a Lime Chai Latte that was freakin' amazing!  When he first took a sip, he said, "I can't tell if this is amazing or tastes like vomit.".  It had fresh lime at the top and by the time he got to the bottom of the glass, he was of the mind that it was pretty dang good.

No comments:

Post a Comment