Saturday, April 6, 2019

Schmitz 2018 Vaca, Post 9 - Maine, Stop Along The Road

We're probably about 5 - 5.5 hours into driving on this fine day, and then there was this tasty little overlook along the side of the road.  A fine time to get out and stretch the legs!


I got this capture from Google.com/maps. That's the little lookout that we pulled into along hwy 1 & hwy 3 (they're merged at this point) sort of betwixt Prospect and Bucksport ME.  The outcropping of rocks were pretty amazing on the opposite side of the highway but apparently,  the 3 of us with phones/cameras were bright enough to take pictures of that!

That is the Penobscot Narrows Bridge over the river of the same name.

These next couple of shots are just turning to my right a bit more to give you an idea of what we were "overlooking".

I absolutely love nearly everything I've experienced in my two visits to Maine.  I could move here quite easily.


And then there's these hooligans!

I'm left wondering about that grin...  I think he was doing Fortnight dances on the rock and stopped when mom started taking his picture.

And that was that...   back into the car and onward to Bar Harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment