Friday, October 19, 2018

2018 Center Grove Pumpkin Patch, Part II

So Part Deux doesn't feature quite as many pics of the critters as Part I did, but I think it still has some merit.

We got our coffee, cider and donuts in our guts and warmed up, which is the best we could've hoped for!  The temps weren't bad but the wind was causing our "nuggets" to shrivel up like nobodies business!

So off we were for part II of our visit!

On the hay wagon for our trip out to the pumpkin patch, corn maze, train ride, hay mound, tractor pull, etc...  

We divided into two teams in the corn maze.  Since Robby and I both had our phones, Robby and Max were a team while Jack, Caleb and myself were the other team.  It was a race to get the most hole punches (we thought there was 8) and to get out of the maze first.  It didn't happen like that. 

After several times of feeling like "deja vu all over again",  Robby called me out of frustration and said that they were basically done.  I was ok to hear that statement as I was essentially done as well.

The "Tractor Pull".  The kids tried several times to move it, but never did... well, more than about 5 or 6 inches.


On top of the hay mound!

I did not climb the hay mound, but I threw my phone up to the critters so that Rob could take a few pics for me.  This is a shot of the pumpkin patch.  There's a crap ton of pumpkins in that picture!!!

Another he took from up there, it's a shot where you can see the field where they cut the maize maze.

And, just so that I would be included in part I & II,  this was taken accidentally as Rob was throwing my phone back down to me.  It's a better shot than the one in Part I as you can't see my head in this one.  It's more palatable this way...

An old combine that's been converted into a slide.  That's Max and Caleb's sillouette's up at the top. 

Back on the hay wagon at this point.  The critters are complaining that their guts are empty and they need food NOW!!!  We didn't realize it at the time, but the jokes on them!  We will wait for nearly an hour for food once we get in line...  that's a story for a different time.

Just a wide shot looking back towards the South and the overall pumpkin farm.

More wagon ride pics...




Feeding the goats.

Rob has a ridiculously strong sense of justice and the all black goat was bullying the all brown goat.  By a LOT!  Rob had the other boys trick the other goats down the fence line so he could give the brown goat a handful of food. :-)

This is a shot of Jack with the black goat in question.  Notice that the other goats are not around.

Max & Jack with their goat buddies.

The burlap slides.  That's Caleb in the orange sleeves with Max coming down at the same time!  LOL!

That's Jack coming down the slide on his back like he's in the olympics!

During our hour long wait for food, we spotted this friggin' terrorist!  He was about two and a quarter inches in diameter.  Ugly cuss...


And so it was!  Back home for an afternoon of basketball while dad nursed his back and started sifting thru pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment