Saturday, August 4, 2018

Hawaii Vaca, Post 26 - Day 9 Part 3 - Plantation Cottages

Feels like months since I've done a blog post on the Hawaii trip... because it has been!! 

The last post I did was about our drive up the North Coast of Kauai which was published on May 12, 2018!

I have a thing about having all of the blogging that I plan to do, done from the previous vacation before we head out on the next journey.  I've got about 3 days left at this point and I'm feeling the heat!

For this post, it's our 3rd to last day on the islands and that reality is sinking in as the sun starts falling in the West.  By this point, I'm pretty comfortable driving anywhere on this island and have really come to love it... like wanting-to-move-here, love it! 

So after a fairly long day as seen in the previous post about the North Shore,  we went back to the cottage and I would make dinner in an attempt to use up some more of our remaining groceries and have a walk on the beach (the South Shore where we are).

I mentioned in a past post, that we stayed at a place called Waimea Plantation Cottages


It's a bit hard to see, but Kekaha, a hwy 50 marker and then Waimea in the lower left of the map.  The cottages are between the 50 and the W of Waimea, for a point of reference.


Our current home away from home.  The door with the window in it is the main living quarters with the living room, kitchen and "master suite"  while the door without the window was the boys bedroom for our stay.  They really liked the idea of a separate quarters except that there was no tree to shade that window until later in the evening so that room got HOT!  We handled that by opening the door and the windows to get a cross wind blowing after the sun was low and it cooled down fairly quickly.

The windows on the right side of the pic are the windows in the boys bathroom.  The little ramp/walkway leads to a small deck on the backside with a patio set on it.

This is a pic of the living room with me standing in the front door frame.

Robby chillin' enjoying the air conditioning before he's marched off to his 80 degree room for the night.  The door was open because we were knocking sand off of shoes and folding up drying beach towels out on the front porch.

The "master suite" that I mentioned above. 

Master bath, quite obviously...

The dining room/kitchen area.  The door that you can barely see on the far left of the photo leads to the little deck out back.  That dining room table was important for me, for this reason...

It was where I would sit and enjoy a couple of Hawaiian beers while I wrote in my "journal" about our fun trip

This is looking into the boys bedroom from the door frame.

Their bathroom.  That door on the left opens up to the little deck off of the back of the cottage.

Speaking of that little deck...

I would also journal from this location on one of the deck chairs on the front porch watching the difference in the clouds that would form in the Western sky later in the day.

Down at the beach.  Occasionally, there would be hammocks around the cottages like the one you can see back betwixt two palm trees.   Never had time to use those.

The posture of a boy who DOESN'T WANT TO GO HOME!!  Robby could live on a beach if you would let him.  His ideal day of vacation, we found out, was 24 hours straight on a beach.  Any beach.

I have nothing to add to God's picture.
This is a little walkway to the beach, so it's obviously out of the correct order.  I didn't take this way but Lesley and the boys did.  I cut thru somebody's yard...
My fams!  That's Mom and Caleb just above the center of the pic.

I believe that's a picture looking back at the swimming pool that showed up in a previous post somewhere.

A thing...

Mama and Calebber again.  Can you spot the other island out there on the horizon?  That's Ni'ihau.

Rob drawing in the sand, likely dreaming up a plot to stay.

Man...  I wish you could hear it too!

Caleb wondering about something while staring at the ocean.  Dad and Rob in the background.

Happy boy!

Happier boy!!  My favorite picture of the bunch, even if it's a bit blurry.

And just like that, it's getting to be bedtime... waking up tomorrow knowing it's the final FULL day here in Hawaii.



We have a few things planned for tomorrow, pack up some of our stuff and attend a luau.

No comments:

Post a Comment