Wednesday, April 4, 2018

I've Got A Peaceful, (un)Easy Feeling

Driving home from work today, I spot a massive cloud of smoke in the approximate vicinity of where our home would be. 

It was much more obvious in real life than it is in the pictures.

This is a good distance out from our house yet, but like I said, it was much more obvious to the naked eye.

A bit closer and definitely more pronounced!

I was getting a bit nervous here because our house is just to left (North) of this road!  On top of that, Caleb should have been home and did not return my calls prior to me leaving work.

Now we're roughly a half mile from home and I can relax.   It's clear that the smoke is WAY off in the distance and beyond our house.  I believe they are probably burning of the Neil Smith Nature Preserve some good many miles away.  Oh sure, if it was a house instead of prairie, it would have been a much darker smoke than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment