Saturday, January 9, 2016

Vacation 2015, #6 - Seattle, Underground Tour, pt 1

On this fine day with the temperature outside sitting near zero degrees and a good, stiff wind blowing with gusts up to nearly 30mph, I figured it would be "warming" to look back to July and a post about downtown Seattle, WA. 

This is the first of 3 parts since I have about 30 pictures I wanted to share.

This was one of our favorite activities on our vacation and I wish we would have had more time to go off into the little nooks and crannies that you'll occasionally see in the pics.


This is the street corner where you buy your tickets and begin your tour.  That fancy black iron awning this is part of  a bus stop at this corner.  Really a pretty cool area all around.


This is the meeting spot where you meet your tour guide and get a bit of history of what you're about to see.  It's a beautiful old hotel bar with some amazing woodwork.  And, it provides your last option of a public restroom for a little while, so choose wisely...


Here we are, under the streets of Seattle as our tour guide explains what we're looking at in that photo that hangs on the wall.  I wish I would have done this post back in August when I could remember some of the stuff that he relayed to us because it was cool, historically speaking.


Here's the first of many of those nooks & crannies that I spoke of earlier.  I'm unsure if this is a nook or a cranny...  I would have to have explored it to determine the correct answer.


There were many blocks of sites like this.  It would be fascinating to go down there and be able to extract some of that 100's of year old wood that's laying along the walking paths!


You really can't tell by this photo, but you were looking thru an old store and there is another room, or rooms, that are lit up on the backside of it.  Again, I wish that a fella was allowed to explore all of this in a much more thorough and time consuming fashion!


Note the brick archway on the left of the photo. That used to be street level storefronts.


Blurry, but gives you an idea of some of the passage-ways we went thru.


This is a "sky-light" from the under-side.  You walk over these on the streets leading to the beginning of the tour.


Another nook and/or cranny that should have been explored.


Here we are going back up to street level at the end of part 1 of our tour.


I'll attempt to do parts II  & III soon, but you never know with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment