Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015 - Post #1 - Bushmans

It is Thanksgiving time for us Americans. Growing up, this only meant that we were either likely to have a bunch of people over to our house, or we would be traveling to somebody's house that had agreed to host a bunch of people.  

And I would eat until I couldn't see straight...

Last weekend, due to work schedules and such, we traveled to Crystal Lake, IA the morning after the years first snow, to have Thanksgiving dinner #1.

It was a fantastic spread as usual and just to keep with the traditions of growing up, I ate about four days of food in 1.5 days.

This is the larger American boy after applying butter to his dinner roll for himself.  Grandpa and I were watching him as he diligently covered every side with enough butter for 3 rolls, until Grandpa finally asked, "Robby, what are doing?".  The lad replied, with a smile much like the one in the photo, "Taking after my Grandpa!".   Indeed...

The Fisher Price train set that the both boys have put many many miles on!  Caleb's turn this weekend.  The addition of the xylophone car was his idea.

Once we made it back home safely, I looked at the weather for the week and convinced the boys that they should probably go out sledding with their buddies from across the road since they wouldn't be able to on Monday night and the snow would likely be gone by Tuesday night.  And so they did.

One of the critters on the snow board.
Caleb on their little snowmobile sled.

And in another hour from the time I sit here typing this, I will be engaging in Thanksgiving #2 with the Schmitz Family.  

I promise to keep my lifelong tradition alive.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment