Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Day

Words could never explain it.

"It" being that feeling of missing someone so bad that it causes physical pain.  Sounds silly, I know, but for those reading this who have experienced that lonely, dreaded feeling, you know what I'm talking about.

My dad has been gone for over 17 years now and there's not a day that goes by where at least one memory doesn't pop up and give me pause.  Mostly they're good, funny memories, but not always.  And that is okay.

As long as the memories keep coming, I figure those that have gone before us are still living and breathing in our hearts.

That makes me smile.

The boys and I at my daddy's grave.  Note his tomato plant...

The boys having a moment with Uncle Frank before heading to their sewing date with Aunt Doris.  More on that later...

I hope it's a happy Memorial Day for everyone, even though it will indeed be hard for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment