Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Painting the Town Red

Oh sure, it's not really a town, but rather a bedroom.  It is a bedroom that has seen many a guest/regular.  Aunt Molly has stayed in it.  Aunt Deaner and Uncle Derek lived in it while their house was under construct.  Momma and Daddy lived in there one time when Aunt Molly lived with us and stayed in the "master suite".  Grandma and Grandpa have made it their abode on visits for a good year or more now and probably another 1 or 2 folks that for whatever reason, I can't recall.

Now, it's going to be Robby's bedroom.  He's apparently ready to make the move to split from sharing a room with his brother and light out on his own.

So what does that all mean?  

It means piles of work for dear ol' dad...  painting, moving beds, dressers and the like.

And so it came to pass.  Last weekend the work began and sort of died off as I got freakin' tired and didn't want to do anymore.

Thing is, he turns 10 years old this coming Sunday and we're going to have visitors on the following weekend.  That means that I cannot use my so-called tiredness as an excuse any longer and need to get some crap finished up!

On that note, enough with the words... on to the pictures.

This was late Friday night when I got the room emptied out, curtains down and blue painters tape up.

Another angle on the same evening.

And one last angle...

The painting begins.  The lad picked a bright orange and yellow for his new colors and so it came to pass.

I used to like painting... seriously, up until recently... like this past weekend.  I liked edging even more. I wouldn't tape anything off and would just go at it with a favorite brush and a steady hand.  My steady hand is no longer with me and my edging was terrible.  I tried many other options other than may trusty favorite brush and none of them made any difference.  My hand was no longer steady-eddie.  Or steady- teddy, as the case may be.

A couple of my helpers rolling the big areas.

Caleb hamming it up for the camera as he likes to do.

Momma getting in on some of the action.

Nearly done.  The back wall  (and where the beam runs thru the ceiling) are orange, and the rest of the walls are the yellow.  We have some dark blue curtains that we put up that look quite nice with the bright paint.  Momma and I looked at curtain rods when we went out to eat last Saturday and while I could have easily spent $100 - $200 on two rods, I had the idea to use PVC and like hangers to put them up.  That option cost about $7 total.  I like that option.

All of that work and a new bedroom led the lad to take a nap with his puppy.  Oh sure, the day after this was taken, he ended up getting sick and hasn't been to school for three days now.  That may have had something to do with the nap...

And so it goes.  Much more work to be done to get everything else put back together.  Where the motivation comes to accomplish that is anybody's guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment