Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Vacation 2014 Post 4 - Mall Of America

The Mall Of America... what more can you say?  

The mere mention of those first four words is enough to strike fear in the hearts of men everywhere. 

While I quite enjoy watching the boys, and truly, other kids as well, playing and tearing up life in places like this, I was also perfectly happy to stay behind and keep company at the hospital with G'ma & G'pa.

That being said, Grandpa and I did end up at the mall later that night for supper and a few games of pool in a very loud arcade within the mall.

We were playing pool after dinner when some fella from a large office gathering approached me and asked if it was okay if the boys could have two of the game cards that they were not going to be using.  I said sure, we thanked him profusely and the boys went off (usually within eye sight of me) to spend as much of those cards on various games as they could before we were done shooting pool.

Sadly, both of us essentially exhausted by that point, we didn't play for very long like we would in our own basement.  

I told the boys they had to find somebody to give the remainder of their cards to, and they did.  We had a good time and the boys got to do something they rarely every do; playing video games in a real arcade.

While G'pa and I held court at the hospital with G'ma, the other four (Molly is missing from all of the pictures...  the weasel) were doing things like this:


Robby doesn't find these much fun anymore, but in order to ride some rides where Caleb can't/won't and has to wait, he has to participate in rides for the Chinaman.


Can't go wrong with bumper cars.  That's Robby in the foreground with Caleb in the upper right.


I'm not sure who Calebber is gunning for here, but I wouldn't want to be them with that look of craziness on his face.  I have a suspiscion that that is the top of Robby's furry little head at the very bottom of the pic.


The haunted house ride...


The boy appears to be afflicted by something.


It's fuzzy but I had to include it because of how Caleb is ducking.  That's his general way of letting those of us safe on the ground, that he's not having the time of his life.


Is it truly a "selfie" if there's two people in the photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment