Sunday, June 8, 2014

...And Yet Another Post About Kindergarten

I forgot to put this picture in the Kindergarten Revue post, but I wanted to put it out here because, quite frankly, it's such a cool idea that Mrs. Sanders carried out!

She took the kids outside one day, with a small blackboard in hand, and asked them what they wanted to be when they were "all growed up".  Then compiled that in a collage-type photo with some additional pictures from field trips.

Have a look:


That's little Calebber McCheese in the upper left hand corner next to the class photo.  Some of the kids have very specific ambitions such as the "Broncos Football Player" & "Jet Pilot" to a lot of the other kids' wide reaching stuff such as police officer, dentist, nurse, builder, teacher, wrestler, doctor and so on.  All good stuff.


I found this to be downright sweet.  Caleb chose Nurse, taking after his momma!  I can see him doing that as well because of his personality of always wanting to help everybody!  I can also see him being a veteranarian since he was deathly afraid of animals but has made strides in the last 2.5 years in overcoming that. Now he's simply fascinated by animals of all shapes and sizes.  Oh sure, he's still quite cautious around them, but warms up fast.


In the upper left of the main photo above, I had to squint hard to read it (I'm getting old, leave me alone!), but the pixelated blackboard says, Class of 2026!   I am not too proud to admit that I got teary-eyed when I read that.  Why?  Dunno, but I'm excited every single day about thinking what kind of men our boys will be when they grow up.


There will be 1 more post with Kindergarten pics because Caleb and I were going thru the cd of photos that Mrs. Sanders also made and there's some good pics on there.  I just have to go thru them and pick the ones I want to share.

I also have to finish up the final post from last years vacation because, as I have joked, we are only about 15 days away from leaving on this years vaca!!  

Craziness... all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment