Monday, May 19, 2014

The Grotto At West Bend

If you sense a "common theme" when I say this, it's not your imagination. I'm so far behind on blogging stuff that I want to blog that I'm not sure if I can catch up!

I just realized that I did not post anything about Easter weekend and our egg hunt this year.  I still haven't finished last years vacation as I still have the second half of the wonderful Harpers Ferry to document.  I didn't do anything for our anniversary this year...  I still had not covered the wonderful day we spent at the Grotto in West Bend, Ia, or the hiking we did at Brushy Creek State Park on the way home from there.  On top of that, the boys had their annual 4-Mile Elementary Olympics today that I have nearly 60 photos from...

Trust me, there's more.  I'm behind.

So lets get on with the Grotto in West Bend, Iowa.  Click on that link to read stuff from their official web page if you're so inclined to learn what inspired this incredible place in small town Iowa. As you might guess, I don't have time to go into a lot of explanation, although I would like to.

I'm also not going to caption most of these because I truly don't know what I would say that wouldn't take away from the already amazing/awesomeness of the Grotto.

I realize that you will not be able to read this on the blog, but this is Jesus' Sermon On The Mount.





Robby had his camera and was taking photos of the Stations Of The Cross.  After he'd take a photo, he'd review it befor he moved on,  which is what he's doing here.  Caleb had his camera as well, but he dropped his on the sidewalk back by the phone booth outside of the Grotto and it hasn't been right since.








A motley looking crew if I've ever saw one!

I had too many photos that I wanted to share, so I'll do another post in a day or so (yeah, right...) with the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment