Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Own Personal Oompa Loompa

What does a Daddy do when a kid pulls a "I have a (insert crazy-@$$ed school based thing" put on him the night before at 8:45pm? After a 2:15 minute baseball game?  After picking up not just two boys, but two of our good friends' boys from school and getting them supper?

You panic.

That's the correct answer.  It was a mild panic, to be sure, but a panic just as well.

Robby wanted to be an Oompa Loompa from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  

Does he have green hair?  No.
Does he have vertically striped socks?  Of any color? No.
Is his skin a creepy, unnatural looking orange?  No.  Thank God.

So what do we do.  We get his whitest shorts.  His stripiest socks, two pieces of elastic as suspenders and hope he's happy. 

He was.  Did he place in the costume contest.  Nope.

But I think he's gorgeous!! 

My own personal Oompa Loompa.


Now if he could just generate a personal chocolate river!  

On second thought...  I think I'll pass on the river and just keep accepting hugs and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment