Saturday, October 19, 2013

Punk'in Carv'in

Pumpkin carving... 

As a kid, I could NOT wait for this time of the year to roll around.  Not only did you get another shot at picking the perfect pumpkin, but you got yet another shot at carving the perfect pumpkin!

You had another year of motor skills development under your belt, another year of school (...and learnin'), and quite frankly, another year of overall "worldliness" that you could work into your "art".

Year after year, a fresh start.

And then something happened. Who knows when?  

Now I do not like cutting the pumpkin open.  I do not like trying to get the face laid out correctly on the silly, bumpy things.  I do not like cutting out the facial features and I certainly do not like the smell of the guts of this popular & artsy gourd!

No, I do not like it, said Sam I am.

That's where it pays to have arsty-fartsy big sister who indeed enjoys this time of the year immeasurably.  

Enter my sister Doris and her hubby Frank!

They get to spend a little time with the nephews and Daddy just gets to cook supper for everyone (I like that), clean up afterwards (I don't like that quite as much, but it smells better than gourd guts...), take pictures and monitor the proceedings.
 
The work crew, getting off to a hot start!

I'm not sure what Caleb is thinking in this picture, but Robby seems to be feeling how I feel about the smell!

It's a little more clear in this photo what he's thinking!  I love his expressive face.

I still don't think he's all that impressed, although truly, he was having a ball, as was Robby.

The hippie boy, focused and working hard.

The work, nearly completed as Caleb keeps a keen eye on Aunt Doris flipping his pumpkin upside down.

The (motley) crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment