Saturday, August 3, 2013

Last Weekend This Weekend, Before This Weekend Is Last Weekend...

I think it was last Sunday night that I said, "I will post more tomorrow..." and here I am on Saturday morning trying to get to that. Go figure. 

So a week ago Wednesday, Momma and the boys went up to Grandma & Grandpa's house in Crystal Lake and spent some time with them.  

They played basketball both with Grandpa and Momma, Gpa took the boys fishing twice and they never got so much as a nibble.  They went to the Hancock County Fair in Fall-like conditions (obviously as a result of Glo-bull Warming) and made homemade bagels and even probably more stuff that I either don't remember or didn't hear about.

Then on Saturday, Aunt Molly and Daddy drove up to Garner, IA. to the local pizza ranch where I ate with reckless abandon and erased my weight loss for that week...   sa-moooooth!

Enough of my ramblings...  on to the pictures!
 
One of the aforementioned basketball games.  The boys stand in awe of G'pas B-Ball prowess!

Caleb and G'ma hamming it up for the camera... well, Caleb hamming.

This is at the Hancock County Fair.  The boys had no long pants or sweatshirts packed with them, because why would you at the end of July in Iowa?  The owner of this tractor was having troubles with the wheels being out of balance so he paid the boys to become wheel weights for the day!  I'm kidding, they both needed naps and since there was a shortage of beds and hammocks in the area, Momma put them down here.

Robby has been lasered in the back by aliens and is being assimilated as the photo was taken.  Caleb is doing his best to jack around at all times.  He does it good.  BTW, those are G'mas shirts/sweatshirts the boys have on.

Caleb, still with his teeth in his head, holding the killer rabbit from Monty Pythons The Holy Grail movie.  I don't really think it's the same bunny, but it does bear striking resemblance!

Robby, risking life and limb with the same bunny, poses for pic.

On to the much safer baby chicks.  I still can't believe how far Calebber has come in the last year and a half when any animal would send him into conniptions!

The hippy-boy, looking fantastic holding a chick of his own.

We had no pictures at the pizza ranch although I would like to have posted a picture of the second piece of chicken I had eaten, but afterwards we went over to Momma's aunt & uncles house in Garner, Jack and Wanda.  Their great grandson, Z, was with them and the three boys spent a good majority of the time outside doing this!  They had a blast. Caleb looked at the picture when I was typing and said, "Fun. Do again. Far, far away.".

And that ends part one of last Saturday.  More to come later on Momma's big night!

No comments:

Post a Comment