Sunday, September 23, 2012

The right side of 26-19

Another (VERY FULL) Saturday has come and gone. 

Robby had his second flag football game on this fine, chilly and windy day, and it also marked the first time the boy got to play quarterback. Not only that, but it also marks the boys first ever time for being intercepted as a quarterback as well!! :-) 

He feels bad about that and I let him process the play all day long until he wanted to talk about later that night before bed. 

He said, "It was a bad throw dad. Actually, it was a bad decision because my guy wasn't even open but I knew I had to throw the ball soon or the play would be dead, so I threw it. The ball wasn't even an inch away from my hand and I knew it was going to be intercepted...". Even worse, he had a man completely wide open in the flat that likely would've been a touchdown if Robby would have seen him. 

I told him that in a nice way and then asked if he had a new respect for the QB position, to which he replied, "OOOOOooooh, buddy! I never, ever want to play QB again!". 

I assured the lad that if he does play QB again, and I suspect he will, that he'll have a day as good as that one was bad, and then have a lot more that are somewhere in the middle. 

On to some photos...


That's Robby getting ready for hand-off (second from left in black shirts).

That's Robby in the black shirt on the far left trying to get the flag of the dude who intercepted him. He didn't make it so it ended up being the dreaded, "pick-6".

That's Rob in the middle making sure his team is set.

Our beloved number 46 shortly after a hand-off.


So after all of that, the mighty Rams of Altoona won the game 26 - 19, over the Vikings.

And while Robby had a rough day, he still had fun and was loaded with adrenalin as we walked back to the car and went about the rest of our day.

Daddy was loaded with adrenalin too!

Why, you may ask?

Because our head coach has been ill this week so on Wednesday night, I coached defense at practice and he was also out for our game this morning. As a result, I was asked to coach defense again!  

woooooooooo-hoooooooooo!!!

It was freezing out there and I was not dressed properly, but I can assure you, the ONLY person on that field who had may have had more fun than me, was the referee, who was having a blast!

Here's dear ol' dad directing traffic prior to the snap.  At least I had an official Rams jersey on...




And, not trying to scare anybody, but here's crazy boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment