Monday, June 25, 2012

Random Hap'nin's from the Hill, June edition... Part III

Yesterday was a whirlwind of activity. 

It started slow enough with a bit of a lazy morning around the house but then Mom was due up at Church to help with registration for our 1-day VBS program. She left and about 1 hour later, I had to deliver the boys up there. 

I got them there, registered and had hot dogs, brownies and potato chips (Robby did anyway, no chips for Caleb, yet). Then it was into the sanctuary where all of the kids meet and get organized into their respective classes, sing some songs and then break into small groups from there. Only one problem. Caleb was NOT going to let me go and just leave him there. I tried a few times to prepare him for what was coming but he wasn't buying what I was selling.

I figured that I would go to his classroom with him and send him in at the door, making the break there. Nope. Not buying that either.

I stayed in the classroom for a bit while they started doing activities and then made the break from there after talking briefly with his teacher.

Mom left our phone number with the church just in case he had a meltdown and then we were heading back home so Momma could study for Monday nights test and Dad could practice and get everything packed up for Sunday nights Music In The Park.

We no sooner got home and the phone rang.  Caleb is an unhappy boy.

Momma went back up to pick him up and I stayed and got stuff ready for the concert.

At about 4:15, I ran Mom and Caleb back up to church to finish VBS (Caleb got to say his name thru the microphone, so that was exciting for him!) and I went to the park to get equipment set up.

The concert went fine with the exception of the fact that it can become very difficult to play instruments in sweltering heat!
 
There's the boy with his VBS medal that he got after saying his name into the microphone.

Here's my clown boy during one of the only times that he was not trying his hardest to impress a couple of girls who were a few years older than him.  On the way home, he told me that he's going to need a slide phone (whatever that is!). I asked him if he had given our phone number out to the girls and he said he didn't, but then went on to say that somehow, they have it on their phones. One of the girls is our drummers daughter so he was "guessing" that "apparently" Lance, our drummer, had our phone number and HE put it on his daughters phone and then she put it on her friends phone.  Aha!  That's how it happened.

That's us in all of our splendor, if you will, gettin' jiggly wid it.  Or something.  I was going to zoom in a little more and make the picture bigger, but after I examined it a little closer, I thought better of it.

And another...  really, I just like looking at my strat!  :-)  That's me on the far left.
So a busy weekend has come to a close and I took Monday off to recover. Other than my knees, hips, low back and feet hurting, I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment