Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Got'Cha!! 6 Month Anniversary!

Six months ago today, we went to the Federal building in Changchun, China and welcomed a little boy named Chang Rong Bo into our lives. It was a roller coaster first meeting between new family members.  It was at the same time beautiful, sad, exciting and scary. Something everybody should do at least twice!

Chang Rong Bo, or Caleb RongBo Schmitz if you rather (and I do!), is meshing with his new family quite well. He is well fed. He is clothed. He is cared for. He is loved. He is OURS!!

A half of a year has gone by since we welcomed him into our fold.  It seems like he's been here forever even though he still struggles with the language, still struggles occasionally with his parents who can't for the life of them, understand what he wants to tell them. 

He will start kindergarten in the Fall and I can't wait. I know he will do well and I know that he will have fun. I know that he will soak up every morsel of information that is tossed in his general direction.  He is a smart little boy who seems to love life and everything that it has so far thrown at him.

Caleb, we love you and couldn't imagine life without you!



2 comments:

  1. I think I need the get them each a stuffed animal. I don't see a cat or an otter in the mix, there.

    Worth the celebration... what a great 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get Caleb the cat. He wasn't too fond of the otters at the zoo.

    ReplyDelete