Wednesday, August 16, 2023

NYC Vaca 2023 - Day 5 - Part 1, Lady Liberty the Financial District

Today, our first visit is the Statue of Liberty. If I recall correctly, this may very well have been my birthday as well... I think. Never the less, we took the train from Grand Central down South (and West'ish...) followed by a short walk.  Maybe?  I was doing good posting this vacation and then my computer died... thankfully, everything has been recovered and a new pc built thanks to Curtis Cunningham!

That's really just a warning that I may have to make up some of this stuff where my memory is crap!  lol

This is sitting no some benches inside of Fort Clinton?  Maybe?  

In the cattle call line to get on the SoL ferry.  That's her, just left of center in the pic.

Heaped onto the ferry...


Manhattan's a lot cooler from this vantage point as opposed to walking around with all of the peeps. 

We had to pause for this big boy, what/whoever he was.  A rather large vessel.

Butt shot!!!

I will say, not as large as it was in my head.  Pretty surreal to see it in person.

A little more surreal!  Pretty cool to be standing here!


Up on that first level balcony that you can see in the previous pic.

Same.

Same...

Same, but looking straight down to the peeps below.

Pretty much the opposite perspective of the "pretty cool to be standing here" pic. 

I had just noticed the railings.  Very cool!

911 Memorial from our current perspective.

The headband was a request of someone...  I don't remember who.


Once we had had our fill, we were getting back onto the ferry and there's this trough that had SOOOOO many coins in it.  Makes you wonder how many are on the floor of the Hudson River below this!?

Back at "Fort Clinton" or something...



I love doors like this!  I have several pics from China that are similar to this.

Back outside, but I still can't read the name above the main entrance.


Back on the streets...


That looks like a bulls arse...

It is a bulls arse!!  And thank God my pic is a bit fuzzy as that lady underneath the bull was simulating some lewd actions with the big fella!

The bull from a more innocent angle.





We went into this place as it was seen on the interwebs that they had, on display, the very Bible that George Washington was sworn into the presidency with.  Turns out the Mason's own it and took it somewhere else without our permission. 









 

So that was the first part of our day.  There's much more coming, but it needs to be broken up.

No comments:

Post a Comment