Thursday, January 13, 2022

Vaca 2021, Day 14, Pt 1 - Canyonlands National Park

This morning was a little more relaxed, perhaps more than Mama Chaos would have preferred.  I don't recall what time it was that we finally left our Air B'n Domicile, but I believe around 8:20 or so. 


Our first stop was Bitsy's Brew for some coffee's, and the boys each got a highly decorated waffle that was as big as their heads.  Great coffee here!  And I got stickers for my guitar case!

I, Dear ol' dad, did the driving from Bitsy's to the visitors center at Canyonlands National Park. 

Rob took over from there and did most of the driving in Canyonlands.

We head out onto the days first expedition!  This was some fun hiking.

Watch'cher step kiddies!

Back into the vessel with Rob driving and Dear ol' Dad navigating.  What could possibly go wrong...

When someone else is driving, it allows me time to gaze out the window and take pictures.  I was amazed at the difference in tundra.  One minute, all rock everywhere, the next minute lots of dessert vegetation.

Our second expedition of the day.

Have I mentioned that I absolutely adore pictures of trees like this against a beautiful backdrop?

Or this...

My favorite of the entire vacation due to the shadow on the ground!  This is pretty close to perfection!!!

It's been long enough now that I forget what the range in the background is, but still a cool pic of God's grand creation.

So this is what hiking too.  A giant guitar case handle made of stone.

I believe this is referred to by the locals as the Mesa Arch.  It's pretty dang cool to see but I couldn't help but think of the Road Runner and arch nemesis, Wily E. Coyote.

How do you dress up God's beauty?  With two more of God's beauties!!

The first step is a doosy!



Fams!

Fams2, this time with all of mom in the pic.  Rob needs to work on the family selfies.  He was in charge since I can't do them at all and mama chaos always has a finger in the picture.  Oh, and it was kind of bright if you can't tell by the looks on our faces, especially Caleb.

As I look out over such an expanse, I can't help but to admire the beauty of creation but also of all of the creatures out there that would like to lunge at me, rip a vein out of my neck and terminate me.




Looks like puzzle pieces.


This is the biggest pigeon that I've even seen!!  LOL!  This big boy (I think it was a big "boy" but I wouldn't get close enough to check!) was just chilling and didn't much care about any of the annoying humanoids wandering about.


After this, we headed back to the Moab food truck park to lunch and a small bit of dinner for after tonight's adventure.

We will be leaving in just a bit for an ATV tour called Hell's Revenge.  I was a bit nervous as I have driven ATV's, and while always fun, if you bring up the fancy youtubes and search for Hell's Revenge, you will see why my amateur butt was a bit reserved!  

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment