Friday, January 15, 2021

Throwback... Blue Mounds State Park

Blue Mounds State Park.  I learned, learnt?  Whatever...  I found out about this place when I started working for Berkely Technology Services in early January, 2010.  As it turned out, the system that I was brought on to support was (mostly) written by a fella who lived in Luverne, Minnesota and there was a satellite office there.  My boss and two co-horts went up there for a week for training from the man himself.  One of the days, he had the four of us over to his house for lunch as his wife made one of the better lasagna's that I have ever tasted.  Anyway, that guy, whose name I can't recall, told us about Blue Mounds just a few miles North of Luverne... 

A little blurry, but quite adorable!

Skinny daddy with a boy very proud to be with his dad!  I also just noticed that I have a carpal tunnel brace on my right hand!  I wonder if I have the other one on too!?

Robby with his hiking boots on.  He was quite proud of those!

So first, no left hand carpal tunnel brace... we got the answer to that mystery pretty quickly!  Those days when the lad could see no flaws in dad.  

Not sure if something happened to his knee or if he was just being goofy?  He's my son so just being goofy is a strong possibly!


As you can tell, the views from the park are a bit lovely!





I don't know for sure if this is the correct line of rocks...  I don't think it is as I thought it was a bit more predominate, but anyway, there is a stone line/wall that aligns with the sunrise and sunset on the first day of Spring and Fall.

Yes, there's a bit of a drop just behind us.  You'll see it from the bottom looking up in a pic or two.


The descent...


 

Appears to be a bit of a drop behind Rob here too!

1 shot of where we were on top of the drop.  There were some repellers along these bluffs that we didn't take pictures of, but I do recall them offering to take Rob up if we were ok with it.  We weren't then.  I would be now.






Cool park.  If you're in the area and have a little time to spare, stop by.  A cool park with spectaculer views and a bit of history that I did not cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment